miércoles, 11 de julio de 2018

IN CONVERSATION

  • Start
    • You first
    • Go ahead
    • Fire away
    • split it out
    • to bring up a topic
  • Opinions
    • to speak your mind about
    • To speak your mind out
    • To say a word about this
    • To have your say on
    • to speak highly of sb
    • To curse
    • for me
    • As a matter of fact
    • what I really love is
    • Personally speaking, I'd say
    • Mainly
    • Believe or not
    • Let me think,
    • I've never given it a lot of thought
    • I'm  pretty certain
    • When  it comes to restaurants...
  • Agree
    • You can say it again!
  • Surprise
    • for real?
    • No way!
  • to adress sb as  "tu" (tutear)
  • To keep a conversation
    • As I was saying
    • That reminds me
    • Come to  think of it
    • to keep the conversation rolling along
    • to go on about sth (siempre hablar de lo mismo)
    • to catch your breath= to pause
    • a rapid-fire dialogue
    • a fast-spaced chatter
    • a gripping / entertaining dialogue
    • a heated discussion
  • to answer
    • to  respond
    • to snap (abruptly or sharply)
    • to go oof a tangent ( irse por las ramas)
  • To interrupt
    • To get a word edgeways
    • May I say something?
    • sorry to interrupt but...
    • I'm  almost done
    • Please let me finish
    • I haven't made my point yet

  • To explain  sth
    • To get through
    • to get over= to communicate= to transmit
    • to drop hints
    • To take my words right out of my mouth
  • Verify comprehension
    • Are you with me? 
    • Got it?
    • I hope that's clear
    • If you see what I mean
    • Do I make myself clear?
    • Are you with me? (I)
    • Get it? (I)
    • Right? (I)
    • Got the message? ( I)
  • To miss the point
    • I think I'm missing the point
    • You lost me htere
    • I am not following
    • I beg your pardon
    • What's that again?
    • What do you mean?
    •  Paraphrasing
        • Let me put it this way / another way
        • What I getting  at
        • What I'm driving at
        • Here's the thing
        • Heres's what I mean
        • Anyway, back to the point
        • topics of conversation
          • To  talk business
          • To make small  talk to people
        • To change  the  topic
          • Let's move on
        • Not to speak
          • Not to be  on speaking terms  with sb
        • Listening
          • Listening builts trust and  self-esteem

        No hay comentarios:

        Publicar un comentario