jueves, 5 de julio de 2018

BUYING AND SELLING

  • Buy
    • to haggle = to bargain
      • In what sort of places do you haggle OVER the price?
    • to swap = to barter
    • to rip off / to shell out / to cahs in on
    • to beat sb down to X euros
    • to pick it up / to snap it out
    • an acquisition / a takeover /a purchase
      • to make a  purchase
    • to chip in together for a gift  / to club together for a present
  • To sale
    • to sell off = to get rid off
    • to sell out = completely
    • to be on sale  (rebajas)
    • sale skills
    • A customer
    • A house  FOR sale ( en venta)
    • an offer =  a bargain
      • to spot a bargain
    • A pawn shop
    • Online shopping
    • An auction
  • Ways of  buying
    • To be a  shopping binge  ( atracon /maraton)
    • What things do you  BULK buy? 
    • Do you believe in retail therapy?
    • Are you a savvy shopper  ( listo)
    • A fashion  victim
  • To pay
    • To split  up  the bill  /  to pay my own way
    • To cut costs
    • To pay in full / a discount / installments
    • To pay up front rather than on credit
    • to be on a loan
      • My car is on loan
    • It's affordable
    • Delivery costs
    • Shipping costs
  • Spend and Prices
    • To cost the earth / a small fortune/ an arm and a leg
    • Prices rocketing
    • a steep rise in price
    • It's incredibly expensive 
    • to pay  over the odds for  sth
    • It's a reasonable prize
    • a knock-down price
    • to buy it for a song
    • It's inexpensive
    • rock-bottom prices
    • something  to be good value for money
    • Women are the biggest spenders
    • a spendthrift
    • to dip in  your savings / in your pockets
    • Women are far more likely to compare prices
    • To rein in  our spend habits
    • to store / to stock up
    • Places
      • A store
      • a mall
      • an outlet= a shop
    • To buy clothes
      • I usually wear bright colours
      • I like loose / tight shirts /jeans
      • A knee-size long dress /gown
      • High-heeled shoes
      • to shop around
      •  to do window shopping
      • To spend considerably more on clothes
      • He spends nothing like as much  on shoes  as her
      • I'm being already served ( by another assistant)
      • I'm size  38
      • Can I try this on?
      • a changing room
      • It doesn't fit
      • Do you have these in size 40?
      • Can I have  a bigger /smaller size?
      • Would you like a hem on theses trousers?
      • This jacket matches your shirt
      • This goes  with   your  hat
      • It really suits you
      • I'll take this / I'll leave that
      • These are on sale
      • I'll pay for it
      • May I have a ticket?
      • a receipt
      • Can I return this and get my money back?
      • I am afraid  we can only give you a voucher

    No hay comentarios:

    Publicar un comentario