sábado, 1 de julio de 2017

LOOK- SEE-

  • SEE
    • glimpse
    • glance
    • notice
    • eye
    • observe
    • gaze
    • spy
    • spot
    • examine
    • stare
    • watch
    • witness
  • a look
    • To take a close look
  • a sight
    • To know  it by sight
    • to catch sight
      • He  caught sight of  her
  • a view
    • An excellent view  of the city
  • To have the looks
  • To look to (to plan)
  • To look over (to read / examine)
  • To look  through =  to  revisar por encima
  • To look like (to seem)
  • To look down on
  • To look up to
  • To look on ( have a particular  idea)
  • To look as if ( to appear to be)
  • To look up (to improve)
  • To look forward to  (to be excited about a future event)
  • To look round (ask  to  find something)
  • To look  into  = investigate
  • To look up new  words  
  • I can't find my keys and  I've looked everywhere (searched)
  • He wants the dentist to look at his tooth (examine)
  • Look in the corner of my eye. Is there anything wrong? (look carefully)
  • She ran  into me because she wasn't looking (the speaker is angry)
  • She ran  into him because she didn't see him (not anger)
  • To see
    • I saw a film last night (at the cinema, I watched a film)
    • I saw / I watched a film on TV ( we can use  both of them) 
  • To watch
    • The police have been  watching the dealer for months  
  • An  onlooker
  • To  keep a watchful  eye on
  • To keep and eagle eye on
  • To take a close look 
  • Sight
    • To know by sight
    • sth  caught thesight of him
  • A lookout (vigilante) 
    • A lookout =  perspective=  the standpoint = the point of  view
  • Apparently  / seemingly

to take after /to resemble / to bear a resemblance / to be similar to

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario